Evaluating Your Needs - Step 2
Choosing The Best Communication Devices To Drive Business Forward
Every Business Is Different – So Is Every Communications Solution
The challenges facing a multi-site manufacturing facility are very different from those of a transport company, hospital or school. Although their communication platforms are all underpinned by efficiency, productivity and safety, each will require its own individual solution. Even within a particular business, different individuals and teams will also require different solutions based on their specific roles and needs. One size does not fit all.
In the previous section, we discussed how communications helps businesses achieve objectives. In the chapters to come we look at specific solutions and the steps you can take to build the right platform for your needs. This chapter focuses specifically on two-way radios and how to decide which devices will work best for you. The starting point is to define your needs by evaluating your business. Here are some questions to consider:
- Does your business involve multiple locations?
- And how many people do you need to connect?
- Do staff work alone in remote areas?
- Do you need to track people and vehicles?
- Are you an industrial enterprise or more customer-facing service provider?
- Do you need basic voice-only communications or do you also want data capability to take advantage of productivity applications?
- Are there any dangerous areas or potentially explosive materials on site?
- Do your staff work indoors, outdoors or both?
- How many floors in your buildings?
- And what are your buildings constructed of?
- Any underground areas?
We Are Your Communications Partner
Evaluating your needs gives you a good starting point to help define the type of radio devices you should consider. But where do you go from there? Motorola Solutions is a trusted provider of two-way radios, and with four distinguished device families we ensure the full spectrum of needs is covered. Deciding which family is right for your individual employees creates a firm foundation on which you can build your own unique platform. Remember, there may not be one radio, or even a family of radios, that suits everyone. The radio families for commercial users include:
Compact, Lightweight, Cost-Effective Devices That Are Ideal For Commercial Users
- More robust, more reliable – the starting point for secure commercial communications
- Higher powered than unlicensed, these radios give greater range
- Licensed use means there will be less interference from other users
- Tested to MIL standards for high reliability and performance
- IP67 waterproof and dustproof models available – essential for outdoor operations
A Licensed Voice And Data Solution With Higher Coverage, Interoperability And Advanced Features
- Better coverage and less interference – ideal for industrial environments
- DMR compliant for better basics, advanced features and interoperability
- Wide choice from ultra-thin portables to extra-tough mobiles with industry-leading technology
- Huge diversity and flexibility, allowing you to choose the features you need – see tech panel
- Radios are supported by a choice of systems to help your business grow and evolve with features like IP Connect for connecting multiple sites and Capacity Plus for increased call capacity
MOTOTRBO™ Tech Panel
- Powerful Audio
Intelligent Audio, background noise cancellation and IMPRES™ audio allow you to hear and be heard more clearly, even in noisy environments.
- Advanced Voice And Data
Transmit Interrupt breaks into existing calls to ensure high priority messages get through. Devices also allow you to take advantage of text messaging and productivity applications.
- Location Tracking And Safety
Multi-constellation GNSS provides increased accuracy for location tracking of people and assets. Combined with features such as Lone Worker and Man Down, this significantly boosts safety.
- High Stamina
IMPRES energy gives longer battery runtimes to cover a full shift and extends the lifetime of your battery to reduce replacement costs.
- Instant Connectivity
Bluetooth connects devices quickly without the inconvenience of wires that can tangle or get in the way.
- Enhanced Usability
With programmable buttons and features like voice announcements and text-to-speech, workers can move through tasks faster.
- Design Choice
From slim and light to rugged and waterproof – match devices to workers and roles.
- Migration & Updates
Dual digital/analogue for easy migration and over-the-air programming for remote software updates maximizes the time devices are in productive use.
© Tele-Rad, Inc. Motorola Two Way Radio Dealer Serving West Michigan.