Man Down Notifier (MDN)
Proactive, Motion Detection Based Lone Worker Monitoring
Teldio’s Man Down Notifier (MDN) is a cost-effective and potentially lifesaving way of detecting if a worker has suffered a fall or had an accident. Utilizing the radio’s accelerometer to gauge the worker’s movements & vertical position, MDN monitors for a lack of movement, a tilt going beyond the application’s configured parameters, or a combination of both. Should an alarm be triggered, a notification is dispatched to the response groups’ mobile devices with the time & the radio ID or worker’s name.
Teldio recognizes that not all job tasks are completed standing up and MDN’s unique flexible design ensures that employees are proactively monitored without affecting their job performance. Pre-alarm notifications reduce the number of false alarms while ensuring mobile workers are protected. MDN’s intelligent features include an audible pre-alarm, adjustable detection timer, point of reference reset and temporary sleep mode.
By pairing MDN with Teldio’s Alarm Control System (ACS), alarm notifications are targeted to the right worker based on the time of day, competency & location. ACS ensures that alarms never go unnoticed. If the primary response group does not receive or acknowledge the MDN alarm, it’s appropriately escalated to the next user until it is acknowledged and resolved. MDN is both reliable and robust, and ready to be integrated into your lone worker policy!
- Increase Situational Awareness - by installing MDN on mobile workers’ radios, employees are given additional assurance that if an accident were to happen, others would be alerted.
- Enhance Worker Safety - MDN works non-intrusively in the background to ensure that mobile workers are not left to their own peril when completing potentially dangerous tasks. MDN automatically dispatches a notification to response team should a worker fall or have an accident.
- Improve Response Times - When a MDN alarm is activated, the response team is notified and loud audible beacon emitted from the injured worker’s radio ensures the team can quickly locate the distressed worker.
- An audible pre-alarm is activated prior to sending MDN notifications to allow users to cancel false alarms.
- Temporarily disable MDN for a pre-configured time & the user is notified when MDN is reactivated.
- Configurable parameters for motion, calibration angle, tilt, pre-alarm and sleep mode timers.
- Emergency notifications are dispatched to the response group when a man down alarm is triggered.
- When paired with Teldio’s ACS, multiple communication devices can receive MDN notifications (email, cell phone, sirens, etc.)
- Loud audio beacon emits from the radio to help the response team locate them.
System Requirements And Types
- Radio Hardware/Releases Compatibility:
- Software supports Direct Repeater Connection. If the customer chooses to go with Control Stations, an XPR 4000 or 5000 series control station (base radio) per channel (Conventional Mode) or one control station per system (Trunked Mode) is required.
- Motorola Expansion Card in each radio which needs to be tracked via MDN.
- Computer Hardware/Operating Systems:
- Intel® Core™2 Quad / Intel® Core™2 Duo / Intel® Pentium® or similar, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit / Windows 8 Professional 64-Bit / Windows Server 2008/2012, 4GB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM or higher, Minimum 160GB Hard Drive, Integrated: 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN on system board, minimum four (4) externally accessible USB Ports.
- Compatible with IP Site Connect, Capacity Plus, Linked Capacity Plus.
Healthcare, Mining, Oil & Gas, Utilities.
© Tele-Rad, Inc. Motorola Two Way Radio Dealer Serving West Michigan.