Getac: The New Standard of MSP
Public Safety agencies across Michigan including the Michigan State Police are turning to Getac rugged computers and tablets. Unlike consumer laptop brands, Getac devices are designed to be rugged from the inside out. This cutting-edge notebook is built to live up to the demands of public safety and provide users with more power, connectivity, and mobility than ever before. Boasting an 11th Gen Intel® Core Processor, the Thunderbolt 4 port, Bluetooth 5.1, and Wi-Fi 6 – the Getac S410 proves to be the balanced crossover between durability and functionality.
Demo the Equipment
Why choose a Getac rugged laptop over a standard laptop or tablet? Rugged laptops, such as the Getac S410, blow standard devices out of the water when it comes to reliability, longevity, and practical in-field features. From careers in public safety ranging to the automotive industry, working in a tough environment means your equipment needs to be tougher.
- The Getac S410 is MIL-STD-810H certified, meaning it has undergone tests to verify it reaches the standards upheld by the United States Military to withstand extreme conditions. The MIL-STD-810H certification means a product has passed rigorous testing focused on environmental conditions. Extreme temperature, moisture, dust, and shock are a few of the nearly 30 testing situations. Devices that have earned a MIL-STD-810H certification are verified to perform under extreme conditions and qualify as shock-resistant, heat-resistant, water-resistant, and dust-resistant.
- The Getac S410 has sealed ports and connectors, garnering an IP rating of IP53. This means Getac’s laptop is not only dust-resistant but it also means that spraying water at any angle up to 60° from the vertical will have no effect. The part of the notebook often most vulnerable to moisture, the keyboard, is also splash resistant. In short, Dust and water may get inside the S410, but it will not compromise the inner workings of the device.
- The Getac S410’s solid-state drive (SSD) is removable and shock-protected for better peace of mind.
- The Getac S410 features a LED-backlit membrane keyboard which is both rugged and tactile.
Tech Specs and Compatibility
- The S140 is equipped with an Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4 processor, a 14″ TFT LCD HD (1366 x 768) display with Getac sunlight readable technology, and Thunderbolt 4 port. The Thunderbolt 4 provides high bidirectional bandwidth at 40Gbps (gigabits per second) for connecting high-speed devices. In addition, the Getac S140 is equipped with Bluetooth 5.1, making more reliable Bluetooth connections possible and offering a positioning system that determines the direction a Bluetooth signal is coming from. The Getac S140 is also Wi-Fi 6 compatible, meaning it can leverage for transmission and more efficient Wi-Fi performance.
In the field, there is no room for technological failure due to uncontrollable environmental factors. The Getac S410 has been equipped with the capability to undergo both extreme spectrums of temperature as well as humidity. The S410 has been tested to operate at a range of -29°C to 63°C / -20°F to 145°F and has the capability of being stored in even more dire temperatures, ranging from -51°C to 71°C / -60°F to 160°F. When considering humidity, the S410 is operative at 95% RH, non-condensing.
Want to learn more?
Since 1989, Getac has been providing rugged computing solutions for demanding professionals in extreme environments. Their consistency in making quality products is what makes them ideal for the Michigan State Police and what makes Tele-Rad proud to be a Getac partner. Contact your local Tele-Rad sales consultant today to learn more!